Where To Go For Spring Training In Orlando?
If you’re living anywhere other than Florida or Arizona, most likely the winter is stretching out long and far ahead of you, and although opening day is not THAT far away, it still seems that day will never get here. This is why a March trip to Orlando just might be what the doctor ordered. A chance to experience a Grapefruit League Spring Training game while getting to rub shoulders with some of your favorite players in a more intimate and relaxed setting might help the days of summer not seem so far away! The Grapefruit League is Florida’s name for its Major League Baseball Spring Training League (Arizona has its own version – the Cactus League) and features 15 major league baseball teams, 3 of which are homed within the Orlando area, with the remaining 12 calling nearby towns their spring time home base.
What Teams and Where Do They Play
- Atlanta Braves – ESPN Wide World of Sports in Walt Disney World Resort – Kissimmee
- Baltimore Orioles – Ed Smith Stadium – Sarasota
- Boston Red Sox – Jet Blue Park – Ft. Myers
- Detroit Tigers – Joker Marchant Stadium – Lakeland
- Houston Astros – Osceola County Stadium – Kissimmee
- Miami Marlins – Roger Dean Stadium – Jupiter
- Minnesota Twins – Hammond Stadium at Century Link Sports Complex – Ft. Myers
- New York Mets – Tradition Field – Port St. Lucie
- New York Yankees – George M Steinbrenner Field – Tampa
- Philadelphia Phillies – Bright House Field – Clearwater
- Pittsburgh Pirates – McKechnie Field – Bradenton
- Louis Cardinals – Roger Dean Stadium – Jupiter
- Tampa Bay Rays – Charlotte Sports Park – Port Charlotte
- Toronto Blue Jays – Florida Auto Exchange Stadium – Dunedin
- Washington Nationals – Space Coast Stadium – Viera
Why Should You Go?
First of all, take a peek out your window. Want to bet that your view is completely different than ours? We look out our windows and we see blue skies, palm trees, the sun shining brightly overhead, and a day spent playing hooky from work, drinking cold beer as we hear the crack of the bat knocking a ball out of the ballpark; well, we think that’s the perfect way to enjoy a spring day in Orlando! Baseball is America’s sport and while the regular season is just a little further out, isn’t it time to get a jump start on summer and head on down to Orlando to check out what the Grapefruit League has to offer you? Tropical Escape offers the finest in Orlando area vacation homes; why not visit our site at www.tropicalescapevacationhomes.com to find the vacation home that best matches your needs for your Spring Training Orlando vacation? We promise a good time will be had by all!
Springtime For Orlando
Some people will say that winter is their favorite time of year, others might say fall or summer, but we have always felt that spring is the most magical time of year in Orlando.
The scent of newly blooming flowers float through the soft summer air, the sun is bright and cheerful, but not too hot, and the gentle spring rainfall cleans and refreshes the entire town, leaving it looking shiny and new. The weather is perfect this time of year, making everyone want to spend as much time as possible outdoors and away from the cares and troubles of real life! Fortunately for all of us, Orlando has plenty of activities and events to keep us all happy and entertained during this most magical time of year! Here’s a sampling of some of Orlando’s best activities.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – What says spring better than an international flower festival? Starting March 2 and lasting through May 15, Epcot brings you a festival that celebrates the blooms and foods at their Outdoor Kitchens Around the World Showcase.
- Spring Fiesta in the Park – this will be the 27th celebration of spring held in Lake Eola Park on April 2 & 3 with crafts, artist booths, music, delicious food, and fun entertainment for your children! A spring day spent at a lake – what could be better?
- James Beard Food & Wine – Featuring a food and wine walk around the lake, the James Beard Food & Wine Festival might just be one of our favorite spring activities, especially as the monies raised will go to the James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program. April 9 from 7-10PM.
- Florida Music Festival – This free festival claims to have discovered Taylor Swift and has featured musical headliners such as Flogging Molly, Buckcherry, and Third Eye Blind in the past. We’re all wondering which of this year’s 50 artists are capable of becoming the next international superstar, aren’t you? Held in downtown Orlando April 21st & 22nd, this party is one not to be missed!
- Theme-Park-Palooza! – While not a festival, the Orlando area is home to more than 10 theme parks, all unique and different from the others. Why not plan an Orlando spring vacation visiting all the area theme parks? Zip line over live gator at Gator Land on day one, get an autograph from Mickey and all his friends at Walt Disney on days two and three (it’s a big park – you will need more than one day!) and ride the Hogwarts Express at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on day four and so on and so on!
Tropical Escape Vacation Homes has the scoop
On all these and so many more spring oriented activities in our beautiful Central Florida city. Spring has sprung and good times await; all you need to do is go to www.tropicalescapesvacationhomes.com and book your Orlando vacation rental today for your sensational Orlando spring vacation tomorrow!