Where To Go For Spring Training In Orlando?
If you’re living anywhere other than Florida or Arizona, most likely the winter is stretching out long and far ahead of you, and although opening day is not THAT far away, it still seems that day will never get here. This is why a March trip to Orlando just might be what the doctor ordered. A chance to experience a Grapefruit League Spring Training game while getting to rub shoulders with some of your favorite players in a more intimate and relaxed setting might help the days of summer not seem so far away! The Grapefruit League is Florida’s name for its Major League Baseball Spring Training League (Arizona has its own version – the Cactus League) and features 15 major league baseball teams, 3 of which are homed within the Orlando area, with the remaining 12 calling nearby towns their spring time home base.
What Teams and Where Do They Play
- Atlanta Braves – ESPN Wide World of Sports in Walt Disney World Resort – Kissimmee
- Baltimore Orioles – Ed Smith Stadium – Sarasota
- Boston Red Sox – Jet Blue Park – Ft. Myers
- Detroit Tigers – Joker Marchant Stadium – Lakeland
- Houston Astros – Osceola County Stadium – Kissimmee
- Miami Marlins – Roger Dean Stadium – Jupiter
- Minnesota Twins – Hammond Stadium at Century Link Sports Complex – Ft. Myers
- New York Mets – Tradition Field – Port St. Lucie
- New York Yankees – George M Steinbrenner Field – Tampa
- Philadelphia Phillies – Bright House Field – Clearwater
- Pittsburgh Pirates – McKechnie Field – Bradenton
- Louis Cardinals – Roger Dean Stadium – Jupiter
- Tampa Bay Rays – Charlotte Sports Park – Port Charlotte
- Toronto Blue Jays – Florida Auto Exchange Stadium – Dunedin
- Washington Nationals – Space Coast Stadium – Viera
Why Should You Go?
First of all, take a peek out your window. Want to bet that your view is completely different than ours? We look out our windows and we see blue skies, palm trees, the sun shining brightly overhead, and a day spent playing hooky from work, drinking cold beer as we hear the crack of the bat knocking a ball out of the ballpark; well, we think that’s the perfect way to enjoy a spring day in Orlando! Baseball is America’s sport and while the regular season is just a little further out, isn’t it time to get a jump start on summer and head on down to Orlando to check out what the Grapefruit League has to offer you? Tropical Escape offers the finest in Orlando area vacation homes; why not visit our site at www.tropicalescapevacationhomes.com to find the vacation home that best matches your needs for your Spring Training Orlando vacation? We promise a good time will be had by all!