Springtime For Orlando
Some people will say that winter is their favorite time of year, others might say fall or summer, but we have always felt that spring is the most magical time of year in Orlando.
The scent of newly blooming flowers float through the soft summer air, the sun is bright and cheerful, but not too hot, and the gentle spring rainfall cleans and refreshes the entire town, leaving it looking shiny and new. The weather is perfect this time of year, making everyone want to spend as much time as possible outdoors and away from the cares and troubles of real life! Fortunately for all of us, Orlando has plenty of activities and events to keep us all happy and entertained during this most magical time of year! Here’s a sampling of some of Orlando’s best activities.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – What says spring better than an international flower festival? Starting March 2 and lasting through May 15, Epcot brings you a festival that celebrates the blooms and foods at their Outdoor Kitchens Around the World Showcase.
- Spring Fiesta in the Park – this will be the 27th celebration of spring held in Lake Eola Park on April 2 & 3 with crafts, artist booths, music, delicious food, and fun entertainment for your children! A spring day spent at a lake – what could be better?
- James Beard Food & Wine – Featuring a food and wine walk around the lake, the James Beard Food & Wine Festival might just be one of our favorite spring activities, especially as the monies raised will go to the James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program. April 9 from 7-10PM.
- Florida Music Festival – This free festival claims to have discovered Taylor Swift and has featured musical headliners such as Flogging Molly, Buckcherry, and Third Eye Blind in the past. We’re all wondering which of this year’s 50 artists are capable of becoming the next international superstar, aren’t you? Held in downtown Orlando April 21st & 22nd, this party is one not to be missed!
- Theme-Park-Palooza! – While not a festival, the Orlando area is home to more than 10 theme parks, all unique and different from the others. Why not plan an Orlando spring vacation visiting all the area theme parks? Zip line over live gator at Gator Land on day one, get an autograph from Mickey and all his friends at Walt Disney on days two and three (it’s a big park – you will need more than one day!) and ride the Hogwarts Express at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on day four and so on and so on!
Tropical Escape Vacation Homes has the scoop
On all these and so many more spring oriented activities in our beautiful Central Florida city. Spring has sprung and good times await; all you need to do is go to www.tropicalescapesvacationhomes.com and book your Orlando vacation rental today for your sensational Orlando spring vacation tomorrow!
Need something to do in Orlando This President’s Day?
This year’s President’s’ Day holiday is happening over the weekend of February 13-15, and is a very popular time to visit the Orlando area. Here is a quick look at some of the great things you can do over the holiday.
The Big Three
Of course, you don’t want to miss the main Orlando area attractions — Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. These three theme parks offer a variety of attractions, events and activities that you can enjoy during your vacation. At these premier parks, you can see and enjoy any number of attractions including thrilling rides and shows.
Other Great Orlando Events and Activities
Pirate’s Dinner Adventure — Enjoy watching pirates in action! Watch as Sebastian the Black and his cohorts kidnap Princess Anita and the drama that follows. During the play, enjoy a meal fit for a pirate and then party the night away with the cast and crew.
Sleuths Mystery Dinner Theater — Join the fun as you solve the murder, all while eating an exceptional dinner. You and your tablemates will become part of the mystery, as the murder may (or may not) be solved.
WonderWorks Orlando — This is another wonderful amusement park where you can enjoy activities and attractions such as Wonder Brite, Tesla Coil, Inversion Tuning, WonderCoasters, and Velocity Ball. This is not to be missed by those who enjoy discovering the wonders of science.
Orlando City Tour – Explore the city from a different viewpoint. On these tours you will enjoy sailing on the city’s beautiful lakes or walking its gorgeous parks. You can even visit the downtown shopping center, as well as visiting Disney’s Celebration Village and more.
Swim with the Manatees — This is a once-in-a-lifetime, not-to-be-missed experience. You’ll take a boat to the Crystal River, where your professional guide will provide information about these phenomenal creatures. Then you’ll don snorkel gear to take a swim with the manatees.
Kennedy Space Center Tours — Space enthusiasts will love this insider’s look at space. Catch a glimpse of the launch pads, sky observatories, and other space facilities. You can even experience a space shuttle launch!
Orlando Explorer Pass — With this pass, you can experience several of the many attractions Orlando offers, including Ripley’s Believe it or Not, a comedy club, golf, airboat rides, and many more.
Make this a weekend to remember! Reserve a wonderful vacation rental from Tropical Escape Vacation Homes, where you can enjoy luxury amenities, as well as great locations that will let you experience all that Orlando offers!
Hotel or Luxury Home?
Booking your vacation accommodations does not have to be stressful! The biggest obstacle families run into is deciding whether to stay in a hotel or an Orlando luxury vacation home. It may be a difficult decision to choose a vacation rental over a hotel IF you’ve never stayed in one before, but here are a few major factors on why vacation homes are a better choice for your next summer vacation to Orlando.
Vacation rentals are very spacious.
Vacation rentals are larger and much more open when compared to a hotel room. Vacation homes are capable of easily fitting an entire family–or sometimes even two! With the same number of vacationers, you would have to reserve multiple hotel rooms to comfortably accommodate everyone. Staying in a vacation rental allows the whole family to stay in one home together.
Rental properties are better for extended stays.
If you are going on a long-term vacation, then a vacation rental home is going to be most accommodating for you. Vacation rentals often come with a full-sized kitchen, multiple bathrooms, and a laundry room; this allows home cooked meals, warm showers, and clean laundry in the comfort of your own home.
There’s much more peace and privacy in your vacation rental.
Vacation rental homes also give visitors more privacy. Oftentimes, one of the biggest drawbacks to hotels are constant interruptions by room cleaning services, the family above you or beside you. Vacation rentals are self serve, but if you do need anything, a concierge service is just a phone call away.
Vacation rentals provide a comfortable and personalized experience.
Vacation rental homes, unlike hotels, are often set up like a home away from home. They allow guests to feel more comfortable, and less like every other Florida tourist. They offer the comforts of a home that hotels often lack, which makes them an ideal choice, especially if you are planning on a long-term vacation.
Hotel amenities can not compare to a vacation rental.
Vacation rentals have amazing amenities such as a private pool or personal home movie theater, which will be perfect for you and your family if you’re looking for quiet time. Most even have resort amenities, so you get the best of both worlds.
When planning your next vacation home say goodbye to the tiny hotel room and book you and your family in a Orlando luxury vacation home.